When you live in the high mountain desert of the Southwest, it is wise to conserve water. Santa Fe averages about 13" of rainfall per year, so we citizens are highly water aware.
Santa Fe's water sources come from - reservoirs in the mountains east of the city, aquifers under the City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County - water diversion from the Rio Grande river. Water restrictions occur at various times of year in City of Santa Fe and Santa Fe County.
As a Santa Fe home owner, be wise to make water conservation an ongoing practice:
- water catchment from rooftop to storage tanks, drip irrigate with a timer for garden
- surround your home by trees suitable to 7000' climate and perennial shrubs / flowers / use heavy mulch to hold the groundwater
- buyer new water saving appliances / low flow toilets, dishwasher, washer/dryer, hot water heater. You will experience substantial savings, especially if you are on the Santa Fe City or Santa Fe County water systems.
- Filter your home water systems, to improve the life and maintenance of appliances up to 25%
- Well owners / have your wells inspected & maintained every 3 years, before winter.
- Check for State of New Mexico and Federal tax credits for making these investments.
Author:Anthony Atwell Phone: 505-670-2177 Dated: November 21st 2014 Views: 372 About Anthony: Santa Fe Real Estate, fine homes and land, is my specialty. I have been a Santa Fe Realtor for 28 ye...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
City of Santa Fe 2017 Home sales up 26% from 2016.2017 Santa Fe MLS 1s
"We have just completed the purchase of a new house on Lorenzo Road and the sale of our condo in Park Plazas. Peter Kahn handled both transactions. I just want to report to you the high level of professionalism and courtesy he brought to his representation. Peter really knows his business. But, as important, he was right on top of every development, immediately available at all times, knew when things needed a nudge, advised us in a way that indicated he had our best interest at heart, enabled us to prepare our property so that it was ready for sale (it sold within 24 hours of being listed on multiple listings for 5k over the appraised value).
We now consider Peter a friend. We have recommended him to several friends."